Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I restore the tabs in my Firefox session after having accidentally clicked on 'start new session'?

I had over 70 tabs opened in a variety of windows organized in different categories for a project that I was working on - the browser froze when i opened another program and when it reopened it prompted me whether I wanted to start a new session or restore the previous one. - having done this a zillion times in the past and having been accustomed to it, for one reason or another, I accidentally clicked on start new session.


So here I am, with one tab/window because of a thoughtless misclick, and now I am short a couple hours of research.


Does anyone know if they can help me out with this? it would mean a lot to me.


Thank you!





objective:


1. How do I restore a session before last in Firefox?


constraints:


Going through history unfortunately won't work since I've pulled up a ton of tabs in the meantime and this project has spanned a couple days. restore session has worked beautifully for me in the past but I know that if I am to shut down and use it again it will simply give me the single blank page (er the one I am writing to you from)


|||Tools %26gt; Session Manager select the session you want from the list. It should be Previous Browsing Session.|||The "Session Manager" approach will only work if you had the Session Manager plug in installed prior to losing the tabs. If you didn't, and if you have a good recent backup of your computer, then restore "sessionstore.js" or "sessionstore.bak" from %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof鈥?

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment