Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What happens to financial aid when you fail a summer session class?

I was enrolled in two summer classes this summer, 4 credits each totaling 8 credits. I got financial aid (both grants and loans) for the summer session. I needed at least 6 credits to get financial aid. If I fail one, will they want all of the aid back, even for the first class, because it drops me down to 4 credits which is less than half-time? Or will they just want the part that paid for the one 4 credit class?





Thanks for any help.|||Most likely, yes, they will want all of the aid back, because you do need to stay at half-time status (6 credits) in order to receive and keep most financial aid. The exception to this is the Pell Grant, which does not require half-time enrollment.

No comments:

Post a Comment