Saturday, December 17, 2011

What's the healthy amount of calories I should burn during a treadmill workout session?

I'm 5'1 and 168 lbs. I'm trying to lose weight so I recently started working out on a treadmill (I can't afford a gym at the moment). I walk 4 miles at 2.8-3.2 mph every day. I know it's not much but I try to increase my speeds every day. I've been burning about 539-553 calories per session. Should it be more, should it be less? Any treadmill workout tips?





P.S. I'm also dieting and taking a weight loss supplement.|||Your story is similar to mine.





My brother and I lost a lot of weight during our first and second week of exercising. I believe in my case....it was mostly water weight. I lost 5 pounds in several days and my waistline was definitely slimmer.





Our morning and evening exercise routine consisted of a 30-minute combination of ab exercises, treadmill workout, walking, push-ups and Taebo-style aerobic workout.





It's amazing because we were doing the same exercises that you are performing which are treadmill and walking.





However, after the third week of this, I noticed that the weight was not coming off as easily.





So, we decided to add the other 3 exercises (ads, push ups and Taebo) from tips we found in a fitness article from the website http://www.grabsometips.com/fatloss4idio鈥?/a>





It is called Burn The Fat and it is for both men and women.





My weight really started coming off quick with the easy weight training and we did it all from home. The heavy fat was melting off of me because I was burning hundreds more calories now.





And guess what.......





I ate the same food as before which consisted of:





Breakfast





3 eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, protein shake





Mid-Morning Snack





apple sauce, unsalted sunflower seeds, few pieces of cantelope





Lunch





turkey or chicken sandwich (ingredients: whole grain bread with mustard, mesquite turkey or chicken, lettuce and tomato)


water or cranberry juice


tangerine or orange


yogurt


salad





Post Lunch





peach


unsalted cashews





Dinner





rice


steamed or slightly boiled vegetables (squash, cucumbers, carrots, green beans, onions, garlic, red or green pepper)


beets


water or protein shake








Post-Dinner





2 or 3 eggs


2 slices of tomatoes


small portion of torkey or skinless chicken


water





The simple weight training along with my meal plan burned the fat and calories like magic.





I certainly hope this helps you in your quest to slim down.





Keep up the good work and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment