Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How much breast milk each pumping session should one be able to get at 18 months?

My baby is 18 months old and I still bf her and pump . How much milk in oz does a well established bf mom usually pump per session , that bf 5 times per day? Please someone respond that either has experienced this or knows someone who has. thanks!!!|||HI there I am still breastfeeding my 14 month old and I still pump for her also...I have cut my pumping down to only 2 times a day while gone to work...I pump in the AM before I leave for work and then again at around 9 am and then I nurse her when I get home at 3 pm...I can usually get about 7 oz between both sides the first time I pump and then at 9 am I can usually get around 5-6oz... My baby is eating solids and eats whatever we eat...she is also using a sippy cup and a bottle while I am at work...she is now starting to drink some whole milk while I am away at work also....My husband mixes her milk half whole milk and half breast milk....good job for nursing this long and continuing to pump....how long our YOU planning to nurse just out of curiosity? I am planning to nurse until she turns 2 or so...if she wants it that long...LOL|||At 18 months, I could hardly pump anything out, and so I'd feed right before I left the house and as soon as I got back (no matter how long the time frame). But by this point, my son wasn't caring if he happened to miss one or two feedings, as long as he knew I was around for the main drinks of waking, nap and bedtime. Also, I've read that for the child to not have breast milk on hand when mom is not around is not bad for him, even if done every day, as long as breast milk is still available at some point in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment