Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Does anyone recommend that I take Core Biology for the summer session?

In my college, they are offering Core Biology in the summer in an fully online class. Science is not my greatest strength, but I am graduating next summer and I need 1 more science class, so I chose Biology. I can either take it in the Fall semester, or summer. I was planning on just getting it over-with, but the summer session is only 1 month, so I am scared that It will be harder for me since I have to do a lot of labs. Do you recommend I take it in the summer or fall?|||Condensed science courses are pretty tough, especially if science does not come easily to you. Personally I would recommend you take something else in summer %26amp; do the bio in the fall-is that an option? You will be cramming an entire semester into 1 month--how do you feel about that? There is almost no time to fall behind %26amp; you will cover the entire book as well. Retention is lost (don't know why places do this as science takes time to be absorbed). Look at the book--see if you think you can do it in a month. You should also ask to see the course syllabus %26amp; that will show you how fast you move %26amp; what is required daily.|||From someone that has taken chemistry and biology classes over the summer, I can tell you it is pretty intense but not impossible. They are trying to shove a lot of information into you in a short amount of time. It is all about self discipline. I forced myself to study every single day. Missing one day would b like missing a week. I have never tried online classes but it is worth a shot if you are really committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment