Saturday, December 17, 2011

What's involved in the first physiotherapy session on your knees?

I have my first physiotherapy session tomorrow, I'm having it for my knees as I have chondromalacia, and I was just wondering what types of things will be involved. I've been told it'll be about half an hour, but that's all.|||im an amputee, i went to my prostetic engineer, and said i want to do the splits...





he said are you flexible?





i said Well, i cant do tuesdays...|||The first session should be longer than the thirty minutes that you have stated. They should be taking down information and examining you all of which is going to take more time than that. Then they should show you a series of exercises that should stop the problem. They are very simple and should only require a few visits. They may also tape the kneecap to get it to track better but again this will take a few minutes but you should walk out feeling better than when you went in. Look for the visit to be somewhere around an hour to an hour and a half.|||Well it depends how serious your problem is and whether the clinic is good.


They should ask you some questons about your lifestyle and give you some information on how to prevent your problem getting worse.


They should then examine your knee and give you some exersises to help your knee start to fell better they will then tell you what will be involved in your next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment